Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Can't get much better than this!

Today was another amazing day at the Battambang orphanage! We got most of the bricks for the cook house laid out (thanks to all the men on our team!) but most importantly we had a lot of free time to hang out with 38 unbelievable kids!! Everyday I get to know the kids more and more, and everyday I am blown away by the love and compassion they have for life and others around them! We are having so much fun working with God this week and I know relationships will only continue to grow! Tomorrow we plan to put up a water tower, but plans can change a lot over night, so we will keep you updated on our progress!

4 comments:

  1. So good to see you in the picture below! How wonderful these children sound. Please tell me more about them. What are the ages? Where do they go once they leave the orphanage? How are they housed? How many rooms...so many questions I have. I can not wait to hear how you build a water tower. Keep me posted! Isn't it amazing how you think you are setting out to do for others and they often do so much more for you? Keep it going. Mariann

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't get any better. . . one of God's greatest gifts and mysteries is that in giving our hearts and souls are filled. Your words are beautiful and I love staying connected to what you and your team are doing in and through those amazing kids in Battambang. Love you tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO proud of you Kat! As much as I miss you, I know how much you are doing for others and it puts a smile on my face :) I bet those kiddies love you so much, and they all appreciate the work you are putting into their home. Keep up the good work & keep that beautiful smile on your face! Love you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ho, miss you and glad all is well, we miss you , hope you continue to have a great time. Dad

    ReplyDelete