Friday, April 8, 2011

What I See...

I am sitting on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and I see God’s majesty as I look out upon the ocean. This massive body of water, of life; a world in of itself. He holds all of it back with a simple shoreline - an AMAZING display of His power!

I look out as far as I can see. I see beautiful birds that soar above the water. I see a marvelous painting in the sky of clouds and sun. What a beautiful piece or art. I see a wide open sandbox, waiting for the imagination of a child. I see the delight in a child’s face with the accomplishment of kite flying. I also strain to see past the sand, past the waves, past the birds, past the horizon. I strain to see a country that I have not seen; a country that lays past the horizon.

While I am not able to see the destination that my Lord has planned for me. I can see Him all around me. He is in all things; He is my Creator. I place my trust in Him, and I submit to His authority. I eagerly look forward to the day that I get to embrace the children that I have heard so much about in Battambang, Cambodia. Although I cannot yet see them, I know that our Lord and Savior sees them. His love places a yearning upon my heart for them as He prepares me to meet them.

“When I think of all of this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower [me] with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in [my] heart as [I] trust in Him. [My] roots will grow down into God’s love and keep [me] strong. And may [I] experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then [I] will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” (Ephesians 3:14-19, NLT)

Let’s work from God and find out what new things we get to see!

1 comment:

  1. Fired up to have you on the team. Can't wait to see Cambodia with you!

    ReplyDelete